The aim of the DLR Manipulation library is a stable and efficient simulation of manipulation and assembly processes close to real physics. 3D objects can be added from the library browser to a model by drag-and-drop and are directly capable of being manipulated by multiple grippers and conveyers or being assembled to an assembly. Models for common grippers and conveyors are provided and collision checks can be performed for pick-and-place processes.
FEATURES OF THE LIBRARY
- High fidelity models of contact based grasping forces
- Fast position control-based manipulation methods for low-fidelity manipulation simulation
- Models of common grippers and conveyors are provided
- Ground contact models for table and floor surfaces
- Objects can be added by drag-and-drop
- Directly capable of being manipulated by multiple grippers or assembled
- With help of a pre-defined hierachy, assemblies of objects can be created in the simulation
- After completion of an assembly, it can be manipulated as one single object by a gripper or conveyor
The aim of the Factory of the future project is a digital transformation of robotic processes towards industry 4.0. Within the project, an assembly cell is developed. A simulation model of the cell is used for virtual commissioning and the engineering process. The Manipulation Library is the basis of this model and was combined with other libraries such as Robots and Visualization.